A letter to schools – the benefits of uniform
While the debate over wider school openings is continuing, it is important that our industry is in the best position possible to offer a safe and efficient service to parents and pupils over the coming weeks.
As schools work through the myriad of areas to consider before they open their doors again, we think it’s really important to remind them of why their pupils should be returning in uniform as normal. With this in mind, we have drafted a further letter to head teachers, highlighting the wide ranging benefits a sensible uniform policy brings to their school – which are even more relevant during COVID-19.
- Uniform will help get children into the school routine and mind set for learning again.
- Uniform will help reassure children that life is on the way to ‘getting back to normal again’.
- Uniform will help schools re-establish routine and discipline in schools, at a time it has
arguably never been more vital.
- The official Government advice on wearing uniform to school has not changed.
- Children are less likely to wear their uniform when they are at home after school, allowing parents to easily distinguish which garments require washing from that day.
- School uniform provides great value for money, and the improved quality and durability of the garments will allow them to stand up to more regular washing.
- Uniform will allow pupils to be easily identified outside and on the way to school, ensuring members of the public clearly know why those children are not at home.
- It may be possible for schools to alternative between pupils wearing traditional uniform and school PE kits on a daily basis, making it easier for items to be washed without any additional purchases being required.